UK-TF - Team Fortress 2 Public Server Rules
- A1) Do not use sexually offensive, racist or abusive language & names.
- A2) Anyone caught cheating will be banned. This includes but is not exclusive to weapon/model hacks, aimbots, wallhacks or scripts exploiting the game engine.
- A3) Do not be abusive towards other players, we don't mind a bit of banter but everyone has the right to play on a server and not be insulted.
- A4) Do not spam the mic with music/sound effects.
- A5) Please do not accuse other players of cheating. If you suspect a player of cheating please either record a good demo with the information listed a bit further down or change your name to admin_needed and wait for an admin to come online. Don't insult or offend the person as it may be used against you.
- A6) Don't use pornographic, racist or offensive decals/logos.
- A7) Do not advertise or spam the server with rival products, websites or cheats/cheat sites (this includes the use of player names). Admins will use a certain level of discretion but you risk being kicked or banned depending on what you used.
- A8) Do not pretend to be an admin. Our admins will always issue polite warnings and never wear [Admin] Tags. You may be warned to stop and depending on how disruptive you was possibly kicked and banned.
- A9) If an admin asks you to stop doing something then please do so. If you disagree with how you were treated then contact a senior member of the admin team and we will be happy to review any problems. We ask this simple rule to allow the game to flow, the server is for playing, IRC is for discussions. If you do not agree or wish to argue on the server you can and will be removed to allow the flow of the game to continue. This is also to allow us to keep the list of rules small and simple, and to prevent the need for 100s of common sense rules!
- A10) Please do not intimidate the admins, our admins like anyone else have the right to play on the server without being hassled. If people go out of their way to bait or get a rise for the admins they have been instructed to warn people to stop and if they don't they may be kicked or recieve a temp ban from ALL UK-TF HL1&2 based servers.
If you are unable to find an admin then you may submit demos to us but please include a STATUS from the console so we can see the STEAMID.
We cannot act on anyone without this information.
To record a demo during play, bring down the console and type record xxx.dem (xxx being name) and when you are finished type stop.
Please note UK-TF have a zero tolerance policy to racist language, bans will not be removed if you are caught. TF2 is an internet game, played by people of all races and colours. Regardless of your race other people cannot see you nor can you see them, even if you find particular language acceptable it doesn't mean other people will.
If you don't show the respect of other players on the server you take your words and actions into your own hands. If you are caught you will not be unbanned, so bear this in mind before using the excuse of singing rap songs or being of a particular race.
It is very simple, to be fair everyone is treated the same, we simply cannot have one rule for one person and one rule for another. There's many cases where such language is unacceptable and its not fair if we allow some people to use it whilst others cannot.
Map voting is enabled on some servers.
Votes will start during play and you pick which map you wish to play after the current one finishes.
This works differently to TFC which waits until right to the very end. Although the voting starts much earlier during play it will wait until the map has finished before changing to the map that was voted on.
We do have the facility to restric player classes but currently play to the current TF2 balances.
If you feel there's good reason for us to use restrictions please post on our forum and we will discuss it!
The forums are a public place where admins, regular players and not so regulars come to gossip, share info and just banter! We believe in freedom of speech but don't get abusive or troll for the sake of it!
We can and will remove or edit posts we think are not acceptable and in extreme cases remove the user from the forums. If an Admin chooses to close a thread or edit your post, ask in private or IRC why but do not start a new post asking why it was closed.
Threads asking about why another thread was closed/deleted will be removed.
Try not to be abusive and try not to hijack other peoples threads, if you want to talk about something particular then create your own, don't use someone else's thread to take it off topic or get back at other people.
We have implemented a system that will notify any active admins if you change your name to admin_needed on the server. Note it may take a couple of minutes for one to join but please be patient and if asked in private let them know what you think the problem is.
This service is purely to be used if someone is cheating, being racist or disrupting the server.
Do not abuse this system, admins are NOT needed if you want a map changed or you don't like the server settings anyone caught abusing this system will be removed and possibly banned. We have jobs outside the game and often stop what we are doing to hop on a server so we don't take kindly to time wasters.
Please note our bot monitors everyone who turns their name to admin_needed we will have your steamid and previous names used, so please only use this facility if its required.
UK-TF as a rule don't remove a ban unless it was a mistake. Our admins however will reconsider a ban if it was for a lessor offence and that you accept you was breaking the rules and will not do so again. You may be asked also to agree this with the banning admin.
We will not remove bans on cheaters/hackers, racist or offensive users.
If you wish to dispute a ban please contact our Dispute Liaisons:
. Alternatively you can join #UK-TF.dispute to discuss your ban.
All bans are backed up with recorded evidence but if you wish to dispute this then you must do so within 2 months otherwise the ban will stand.
If you think you have been treated unfairly by our admins please contact
. Unless you can provide some form of a screenshot or recorded demo to substantiate your claims it will be hard for me to take the matter further.
You may also provide a server name, date and time and we can check our server logs for what was being said on the server. However please do so within 7 days as logs may be wiped after this period in time.
Also if you provide this information with demos and screenshots we can confirm what happened before the session started and confirm your claims.
Admin commands are monitored and we go through extensive checks to make sure we bring in the best admins to ensure that the public enjoy playing on our servers.
Strike 3 and your out?
We operate a 3 strike system for minor offences, regardless of what your final offence was if you have been banned twice before and you have broken another rule you will recieve a perm ban from all of the UK-TF Half-Life servers. UK-TF's bans are global across all games so think before you act.
We operate this system to give players a chance to learn from their mistakes if the offence was minor, in some cases we may expect you to come into IRC before you get unbanned.
One word of advice is if you do dispute the ban the worst possible thing you can do is be agressive, angry, insulting and passing the blame.
If you are open and honest about what happend we are far more likely to give you another chance.
If you dont accept you were breaking the rules and acknoweldge a willingness to not do what you did again its highly unlikely we will remove the ban.
If you have any comments about our rules and what you think we could do to improve our service please email me directly.
Our job is here to serve the public TF2 community and we do so to the best of our abilities, however our admins have the right to do their jobs without abuse or harassment. If you have any concerns don't hesitate to contact me -
One final point on people intimidating our admins, sarcastic comments, blowing admins cover and snide remarks about their ability will be taken seriously from now on. If you want to complain about an admin you come to IRC or email myself (Amigaoasis) otherwise dont say anything at all.
I have instructed all admins in future to warn persistant troublemakers and if they carry on in any manner what so ever they can be removed and it will count towards your 3 strikes and out.
I will not let people bully the admins and do as they please on the servers, if people think they can then they will be incouraged to play elsewhere :)
Written by John Porter aka AmigaOasis, UK-TF TF2 head admin.