09/07/2010 Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source Updates Released
Updates to Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- Fixed client crash related flashlight usage.
- Fixed several issues related to alt-tabbing (invisible players, etc).
Team Fortress 2
- Added The Frontier Justice.
- Added The Wrangler.
- Added The Gunslinger.
- Added The Southern Hospitality.
- Added 35 Engineer achievements.
- Engineers can now pickup & move their buildings.
- Added Engineer main menu music.
- Added 4 new maps:
- Thunder Mountain, a 3 stage Payload map.
- Hightower, a Payload Race map.
- Upward, a Payload map.
- ColdFront, a community built Capture Point map.
- Item tuning:
- The Sandvich now uses a cooldown timer, instead of the health pack recharge mechanic.
- The Gunboats now reduce self-damage by 60% (was 75%)
- The Tribalman's Shiv bleed duration reduced to 6 second (was 8), and its damage penalty increased to 50% (was 35%).
- Added better feedback sound for Pyros on when their flamethrower is doing damage.
- Fixed blood effect on bleeding player.
- Added a glow effect to Payload carts.
- Added Romanian language support.
Part 2 of updates
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Team Fortress 2
- Fixed missing class descriptions on the class menu blackboard.
- Fixed a server crash related to carrying buildings.
- Fixed a HUD element issue in DX8.